Thursday, September 1, 2011

GO Baby Review and Winner!

Before we announce the winner of the fabulous GO! Baby Fabric Cutter from Accuquilt, I thought I would give you my last review....hee hee hee hee...sneaky sneaky! (Like you cant scroll all the way to the bottom without reading - lol)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you have seen my Miniature Dogs from the Gingham Dog Cutter, and my Binding and Tote Bag from the Strip Cutter...now onto my last review for the awesome little GO! Baby Fabric Cutter...Diamonds!

I really struggled over what my last die should be, teardrops, another novelty cutter, perhaps something for the holidays...and after seeing some amazing diamond quilt patterns lately, I decided to go with a diamond die.

Not having enough time at the moment to go all out and make a diamond quilt for review, I decided to make something for the girls (surprise, surprise). And I love how it turned out!!!


(Its all about perspective - right? Maybe she WANTS to see something really small...lol)

I decided to use the cutter to create a diamond pattern down the front of a simply corduroy peasant dress for the upcoming Fall Season. This is going to be perfect when the weather starts to change, with just a simple pair of leggings or tights!

Once again, the GO! Baby Fabric Cutter was really simple to use...

This time I tried linen, which we all know can fray a whole lot. So I wanted to see how the cutter would work, and whether I would still get the nice clean lines. You know I did!

The diamond pattern I got was 6" across, which gave me wiggle room for approximately 4 diamonds on the front of the dress. I could have simply interfaced them and zig zag stitched the edges, but I wanted to give these a border. So I pulled out my strip cutter Die and went to work again.


With single fold bias tape already made, I simply took the raw edges of one side and sewed them along one of the diamond's edge, and pressed. Then I took another piece of bias tape and sewed along the next edge, being sure to sew over the bias tape already sewn. Cut bias tape approximately 1" past edge, and press again. Repeat for all 4 sides. Once all the edges are sewn on, and pressed nicely, you can simply fold over the edges, and Press or pin in place. Apply the diamond where you would like on the pattern piece and straight stitch around bias tape edge.

This will give you a single diamond pattern piece, with a nice neat binded edge.


For the dress pattern, I used a mix between Prudent Baby's Peasant Blouse Tutorial found HERE, and their Long Sleeve Peasant Dress Tutorial found HERE.


My little one had a blast throwing pine cones into the water for this Photo Shoot! One down, five million to go...lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, what you have all been waiting for I a sure...

Time to announce the WINNER of the GO! Baby Fabric Cutter! There were so many entries, I was simply blown away!

Using Random.org number generator, the lucky winner is:

Penny said... # 167

I love seeing what you can do with your Go Baby. I really would love having one. After your last post, I went and lusted after this on their site for a full evening.


Congratulations Penny! I will be in touch with you for further details to get you all set up for your brand new GO! Baby Fabric Cutter!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to thank all of you who entered. I wish I could choose more than just one winner, as it is such a fun product!

Be sure to check out the other GO! Baby Reviews and Giveaways going on now at some of my friend's blogs for more chances to win!

Thank you again so much for stopping by, and until next time...

Happy Sewing!




5 comments:

  1. Congrats Penny! ...and thanks for the chance Jessica!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! I'm so excited. This is awesome. And here is my email- sunellope@gmail.com. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blogging tips