Saturday, August 13, 2011

GO Baby Review...


When the thoughtful people over at Accuquilt.com contacted me to review their new GO! Baby Fabric Cutter, I immediately had to do some research to see just what this new 'baby' was all about...


Ummm...yeah, I will try that!!! I was so excited that I couldn't wait to get this 'baby' in the mail to give it a whirl.

But when the box came I was surprised at how nervous I became. What if I couldn't do it? What if I did it wrong? What if I didn't like it? What if, what if, what if...

After looking at the box for a couple of days sit next to my sewing machine (I am pretty sure it was taunting me by the way), I finally decided to give it a go. After all, if I can give birth to a real baby, I am pretty sure I can figure out how to maneuver this little guy :).

I couldn't believe just how easy it was!!! And that it took me so long to open...so embarrassed about that - lol.


I ordered the GO! Gingham Dog to review, thinking it would be perfect for both little girls and boys. With some scrap fabric, I simply plopped it onto the die, put the cutting mat on top, and rolled it on through. Perfect results!

I put it through again with interfacing already ironed onto the back of the fabric...perfect again!




I had a super fast and easy, professional looking shirt for the real baby in my life! (ummm, the white one, not the pink - lol, that one is a gift)

But that had me thinking...

GO! Baby Fabric Cutter claims that it can cut through up to 6 pieces of regular fabric. Well, let's give that a try, shall we? There must be something I can make that requires at least 6 pieces of dog patterns all exactly the same size and shape...


Sure enough, it worked! The top layer may have had a single thread still attaching them, but with a quick snip it was free :). And they were all exactly the same size, which made it super simple to sew together quickly on the machine.


I simply pinned the two pieces right sides together, and sewed around leaving a small opening in the belly. Once I had the fabric turned right side out, I stuffed and whip-stitched. Voila!

Do any of you have kids that love little stuffed animals or toys? My kids are crazy for them! So crazy that I feel like I cant walk around my house without stepping on some tiny toy or another. So naturally, my little girls went nuts for these miniature stuffed puppies...






And maybe Mommy had a little fun with them too...


I have a couple of more die cutting patterns that I want to try out now, because surely this must make quilting that much easier! Especially with being able to cut multiple pieces at once. We shall see, after all - you know how I feel about quilting...

But with the 22 Free Patterns they gave me, I am excited to see what I can come up with next! Want to get 22 Free Patterns too? Click HERE!!!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope to show you a few more GO! Baby Fabric Cutter projects as I continue to test out this fun new Mommy toy :). Until next time...

Happy Sewing, or should I say Cutting?!! Lol

8 comments:

  1. the puppies are great! You could make a great sorting game or counting game with them. I may need to invest in one of these handy dandy machines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear that you enjoy your new toy. Anything to make crafting more streamlined is a great thing-especially with a new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, never heard of this before. Looks like fun! The machine itself doesn't look big or bulky either, which is really nice. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the other designs and what you do with them! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those onesies are the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hehe, so cute what you did with the dog template. I would have never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blogging tips